From 1 January 2007 the Republic of Bulgaria applies the European Union Visa policy under the Accession Treaty. Bulgaria is visa-free for some countries. We would like to remind each participant in the Conference to inquire about his/her country’s visa arrangements.
Visa free stay in Bulgaria applies to citizens of:
1. EU member countries;
2. Iceland, Norway, Sweden;
3. Andorra, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Guatemala, El Salvador, Israel, Lichtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Uruguay, Honduras, Croatia, Chili, Japan.
4. Australia, Brunei, Canada, Kosta Rika, New Zealand,Panama, USA, Singapore – only holders of ordinary passports
5. Family members of EU member countries national may enter and stay in Bulgaria without a visa for up to 90 days if they meet the following conditions:
– Travel with the person who as citizenship in any of the EU countries;
– Submit marriage certificate;
Have a card for permanent residence in one of the EU member states.
Foreign participants should consult with the Bulgarian consular office in the respective country regarding visa requirements. Full information is available on the website of the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/view/85
|LETTER OF INVITATION
Each participant may request a Letter of invitation: firstname.lastname@example.org
The request should contain the following information:
CURRENCY AND FORMS OF PAYMENT
Bulgarian lev (BGN) is the official currency of Bulgaria. Paper denominations are: 2 levs, 5 levs, 10 levs, 20 levs, 50 levs and 100 levs. The coins are called “stotinki” (1 st = 0.01 lev). In circulation are coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 “stotinki”, as well as 1 lev coin. Exchange of major currencies in Bulgarian lev can be performed in all Bulgarian banks and in the exchange offices.
Payments in Bulgaria are only in BGN. Major international credit cards can be used in the country. There are ATMs in larger cities. Credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and large stores. Payment by credit card includes a transfer to the Bulgarian lev.
The power supply in Bulgaria is 220 volts, 50 hertz
Official time in Bulgaria is the East European time in the Northern hemisphere.
– GMT/UTC + 2h in winter
– GMT/UTC +3h in summer (daylight saving time)
The telephone code for Bulgaria is +359
Sofia: +359 / 02
There are three mobile phone service providers:
M-tel (www.mtel.bg )
Vivatel (www.vivatel.bg/en ), owned by BTC
Important phone numbers:
Single European emergency number: 112
Emergency medical aid: 150
Fire safety: 160
The capital of Bulgaria is Sofia.
The official language is Bulgarian and uses only the Cirillic alphabet. To facilitate tourists, road and direction signs in populated areas, resorts, railway stations, airports and along the main motorways and most of the labels are also spelled in Roman letters.